⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean CTD data following CF Conventions v1.6

From: Upendra Dadi <upendra.dadi>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 12:21:45 -0400

Hi Andrew,
  Either way it should be okay as far as CF compliance is concerned. But
the dimensions - latitude, longitude and time are not really required. If
it is required to indicate that there is only one station(profile) in the
file, there could be a dimension for number of stations instead, with a
value of 1. Also, using a station dimension is the way to go if storing a
collection of profiles in a single file. Here at NODC, we took the approach
that we would use the same consistent representation whether there is a
single instance or a collection in a file.

Upendra