⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:41:46 -0400

Hi all -

> From a CDM developer perspective, an auxiliary coordinate is "just as
> good" as a regular coordinate variable. The extra requirements on
> coordinate variables are helpful in knowing when to optimize, eg
> monotonicity allows one to efficiently find the index given the
> coordinate value.

Are we reaching agreement that fill values are allowed in auxiliary
coordinate variables, aside from

> In my understanding, we have always prohibiting missing data in aux
> coord vars, and in section 9 we explicitly allowed for the first
> time. Evidently we should be clear, one way or the other (which was
> one of the intentions of the defect ticket I opened).

Should we be discussing this on the trac ticket? That would provide a
better trail - Mailman isn't very good if you're searching for a thread
like this - the subject doesn't mention coordinates.

Thanks -
Nan