⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cf2cf - a new tool

From: David Hassell <d.c.hassell>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:16:36 +0000

Hello Karl,

An astute point. I confess to sweeping this under the carpet a little
bit and ignoring (deleting) the standard CF global attributes as given
in appendix A, but insisting that non-standard ones are identical for
aggregated fields.

This is an easy and pragmatic approach as a programmer, but probably
not the most useful one? For me, it raises issues such as whether or
not an attribute should be a scalar auxiliary coordinate, or could
perhaps be 'promoted' to be one during the aggregation. Or perhaps
such attributes should be concatenated? etc. This area is
deliberately not regulated in our CF aggregation rules - rather
leaving it to an implementation's, or the users, discretion, which can
vary with application.

Since a tool should be useful to the users (not just easy for
programmers!), opinions are welcome.

All the best,

David

---- Original message from Karl Taylor (10AM 19 Mar 12)