⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request: research papers which cite use of CF standard

From: Little, Chris <chris.little>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:29:01 -0000

Also, if people started quoting CF Standard names in peer-reveiwed papers, there may be increasing pressure to give the standard a persistent identifier, such as an DoI http://www.doi.org/.

WMO's standard lists were, and still are, published in physical manuals that can be persistently referenced. WMO is trying to move to a digital equivalent, such as registered and queriable code lists, taxonomies, etc, but progress will be slow.

HTH, Chris

Chris Little
Co-Chair, OGC Meteorology & Oceanography Domain Working Group

International Telecoms & Projects
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter Devon EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1392 886278 Fax: +44(0)1392 885681 Mobile: +44(0)7753 880514
E-mail: chris.little at metoffice.gov.uk http://www.metoffice.gov.uk
Message: 6