⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Warming up old stuff - 4 (emissions)

From: Smith, Steven J <ssmith>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 05:54:26 -0800

I'm very pleased to see this discussion taking place!

The issue of emissions height is important. In many cases there is insufficient data to clarify this, so it's rather ambiguous (some IND emissions will be low, some will be high stacks). So we need to be careful not to imply precision that doesn't exist. perhaps a standard should state that in the default case height is not specified, and perhaps give an alternative specification for those cases where the data do exist and height can be specified.

So I'm not sure it's a good idea to use the term surface in general, but there could have a variant where height is explicitly specified (this would currently be the case for aircraft emissions for example).

Cheers,

Steve