⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mailing list and trac tickets

From: Brian Eaton <eaton>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:26:38 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

I was recently helping someone who was trying to stop getting the messages
that are generated by the CF-trac system. He had unsubscribed from the
CF-metadata mailman list (cf-metadata at cgd.ucar.edu), but was still getting
the postings generated by the trac site. It appears that CF-trac is
sending messages via the majordomo lists cf-metadata at lists.llnl.gov and
cf-conventions at lists.llnl.gov. This user was not registered with CF-trac.
I'm guessing that at some point when the CF metadata site was transitioning
to it's current PCMDI location that the list of subscribers to the
cf-metadata mailman list was copied to the llnl majordomo lists. But there
does not appear to be any ongoing maintenance to keep the majordomo lists
in sync with the mailman list.

Brian