⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Nitrate and nitrite

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:19:10 +0000

Hi John,

Should be a no-brainer based on the definition of mole_concentration_of_nitrate_in_sea_water. Nitrite is a related but different chemical species to nitrate (more reduced: NO2 versus NO3) and nitrate_and_nitrite is the sum of the two chemical species which often has to be reported for analytical reasons (nitrate is reduced to nitrite before colorimetric determination as an azide dye so you get nitrate+nitrite, not just nitrate).

Cheers, Roy.