⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] udunits corresponding to Forel-Ule, milliequivalent

From: andrew walsh <awalsh>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:14:49 +1100

Hi Upendra,

We had some similar data from the Secchi disc depth observations
and related data recording the observed sea water colour on the Forel-Ule
water colour scale. The Forel-Ule scale is a set of character codes
F1,F3 ...F11, U1, U3....U11 corresponding to known colour standards
e.g F1 is a deep Blue, U1 green and U11 brown. The scale therefore
doesn't have physical units so I don't think its in udunits.

I did start some work about how I could encode our the Secchi disc/Forel-Ule
data in netCDF and I thought that an array of character string
would suit i.e:

netcdf tmp {
dimensions:
 OBS = 74 ;