⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: Re: Proposed addition to CF principles: outside conventions

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:41:11 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [CF-metadata] Proposed addition to CF principles: outside
conventions
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:39:13 -0700
From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis at ucar.edu>
To: John Caron <caron at unidata.ucar.edu>

Hi John,

I'm generally in favor of this proposal. The value of standards lies in their
widespread adoption, so if a popular solution already exists, we should adopt
it and bolster both standards rather than creating yet another competing
option.

It also make sense to delegate the design of a convention to those communities
that needed it more urgently and therefore have focused more on it than the CF
community has.

Cheers,

--Seth McGinnis