⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: Re: Question on WKT representation of CRS

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:56:01 +0000

Dear all

It would be very helpful if those who are familiar with OGC CRS WKT - several
people contributed to this email thread in October - could contribute to the
discussion in trac ticket 69. In this ticket, Phil Bentley has proposed a new
attribute to allow WKT to be recorded in CF metadata. I am grateful to Phil
for making the proposal, but I am concerned about our adopting this proposal
because of possible inconsistency with other CF metadata. I have described
some specific concerns in the ticket, and asked what specific requirements
there are i.e. more use cases, because I think it is necessary to understand
the implications of what we put in the CF standard. Unfortunately I don't know
much about how the parts of the coordinate reference system are defined, but
other people who read this email list must do, I am sure! If anyone can add
further information and viewpoints to the discussion, it would help.

Best wishes and thanks

Jonathan