⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] [cf-satellite] Sharing quality flags among multiple variables

From: Armstrong, Edward M <Edward.M.Armstrong>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:44:18 -0700

Hello,

That assessment seems to be the crux of the problem. Its look like CF wants a specific quality variable standard name, an approach that won't work for one quality variable applicable to many other data variables.

But the standard_name in not required, is it ? So a simple "comment:" statement could remind the user the data variables a particular quality variable is applicable for. Or could you have a list of standard_names in the quality variable (would require new CF "rules" ) ?