⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Question on WKT representation of CRS

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:58:16 -0600

>ArcGIS already reads and writes netCDF but doesn't pay any attention to
> the CF projection information as it stands.

Untrue, actually; as of v.9.3+, you can directly import CF-compliant NetCDF
as a raster using the Multidimension Tools. The map projection metadata
has to follow CF *stringently* and any numeric values must be double-
precision, but it works on 3 out of the 4 map projections used in NARCCAP.
(It doesn't like the rotated-pole coordinate system, which isn't really a map
projection anyway. We have a bug report in about that, but haven't heard
anything from ESRI in a long time.)

(I haven't had time to catch up on the rest of the thread yet; apologies if
this is redundant information.)

Cheers,

--Seth