⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Mapping from internal data conventions to CF conventions

From: Jim Biard <Jim.Biard>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 08:39:27 -0400

Paul,

As far as the standard_name attribute for the variable CorrEasting, I
think it is perfectly OK to use the same standard name as used for the
variable Easting. You would differentiate them in the names of the
variables, and in the free-text long_name attributes for each. The
standard_name attribute is used to indicate the "class" of measurement
stored in the variable, without much regard for the method of
acquisition or types of processing applied. Since both variables contain
measurements of easting, they both are properly labeled with a
standard_name of "projection_x_coordinate".

Grace and peace,

Jim