⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for stations

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:33:26 +0100

Dear Nan

> Do we need to specify whether the _id is numeric or character? I'd prefer
> to leave that to the user and his code.

Yes, I think we have to specify this for standard_names; in the standard name
table, all of them are either assigned units => numeric, or stated to be
"string". Of course, a number can be written in a string, and maybe that's the
right thing to do if this variable would never be processed as a number.