⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] A question regarding standard names

From: Jim Biard <Jim.Biard>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:28:10 -0400

Hi.

I've got a general question regarding standard names. I have had people
I work with asking whether it would be acceptable to have a standard
name that included methodology, such as microwave_brightness_temperature
as opposed to infrared_brightness_temperature. My feeling has been that
standard names are not supposed to have such differentiators, but I
haven't read anything that states that directly. Are standard names for
measurements limited to "essential" descriptions, or can they include
specification of the way the measurement was acquired?

Grace and peace,

Jim Biard

--
Jim Biard