⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for stations

From: TOYODA Eizi <toyoda>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:10:22 +0900

Dear Colleagues,

I guess you are talking about five-digit number to identify stations in
SYNOP or TEMP.
Please note that the number is called "station index number" in WMO.

There are several other systems of symbol to identify observation platforms
in WMO:
 - moored and fixed buoys have different number system
 - GAW (Global Atmosphere Watch) stations uses three-letter code
http://gaw.empa.ch/gawsis/

Best Regards,
--
Eizi TOYODA (aka Eiji)