⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for new standard name

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:13:16 -0700

Hi Jim,

Under current CF procedure, every new std_name must be individually approved. There are proposals to change this, but nothing has changed yet.

Fortunately, your proposed std_name is a grammatically consistent combination of existing std_names, so I don't expect any objections. In such cases, it usually seems to take a couple of months for it to be approved and included in the official list.

Best wishes,

      Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.