⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Is there a convention defining day offsets to use for monthly average time series?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:09:11 +0100

Dear Bert

I agree that it is important to distinguish whether values are points or
averages. This distinction is made in CF by cell_methods, which indicates
the interpretation for each axis. We already recommend that cell_methods be
included for all spatiotemporal axes, so I suppose the checker should warn
if this is not so. Furthermore, we already have a recommendation that bounds
should be included unless cell_methods says the data applies to grid-points;
that answers Karl's comment, I think. (I'd forgotten this recommendation.)