⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] per-variable metadata?

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:13:05 +0100

Hi Nan,

Encoding what I would regard as usage metadata into ancilliary variables is one solution, but I would much rather see a formalised metadata model for doing this. As you say a standard way of doing this is long overdue. My hope is that SeadataNet II starting later this year will take on and address this challenge. However, if anybody knows of anything already in existence that fits the bill it would be good to prevent yet another wheel being reinvented.

Cheers, Roy.