⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] More background on the burned area (Jonathan Gregory)

From: Schultz, Martin <m.schultz>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:50:33 +0200

Jonathan, Kevin,

    I don't think that it is necessary to further qualify "burned_area". If you do an internet search for this term you always come up with hits related to "wildfire" which would suggest that there is little ambiguity in this term. I propose to add the vegetation fire relationship in the definition of the term but keep the term short and concise. Should there ever be a conflict we can still create an alias or re-define. (Just imagine you start arguing about "air_temperature": is this the temperature of air inside a box or a house? ...)

Cheers,

Martin

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt