⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] How are cf decisions finalized?

From: Ben Domenico <Ben>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:03:30 -0600

Hi all,

Several times recently, it has come up that proposed additions to cf have
not been adopted. I am curious as to what marks the final adoption of a
proposed change or addition to the cf conventions. It seems to work pretty
well for new additions to the standard names table, but proposed changes to
cf conventions themselves seem more or less open ended. One clear case in
point (no pun intended) is the proposed discrete point proposal. I believe
it was first put before the cf community many years ago. Is there an end
in sight? How will we know when we are there?

-- Ben