⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] udunits time unit question

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:42:27 +0100

Dear All,

This debate between Chris and Benno hinges upon how one determines the sampling interval for a time series. Benno depends upon semantics encoded in the units of measure field - something I have done in the past although I am now convinced that it is not best practice. Chris advocates obtaining it by analysis of the time channel.

Although I see Benno's usage as not best practice, it is established practice and therefore I for one feel that it should continue to be supported.

Cheers, Roy.