⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] udunits handling of fuzzy time units

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:32:06 -0400

Time is an issue, but temperature is not a "dimensional unit" either --
there is differential temperature (degree_Celsius/degree_Kevin, appropriate
for anomalies), and temperature scale, i.e. Celsius_scale and Kelvin_scale
differ only in the offset. Yes, the offset part does not "work" as well as
pure dimensional units. Yes, udunits does dimensional units best, but that
is not enough to do science data.

Benno