⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name modifiers -- units problem

From: cristina.tronconi at artov.isac.cnr.it <cristina.tronconi>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 20:30:19 +0100

Dear Roy,
Our variable "chlorophyll count" as is understandable by CF is the
number of individual measurements used to determine a chlorophyll value.

I do need to know what to put at "units" attribute for that variable.
I undestood by the CF convention 1.4 (appendix C) that I have to put
"units="1" as the chlorophyll count is a dimensionless variable...but
the CF checker found it as an error.

I try not to put the Unit attribute ...but again i get an error by che
cf chcker.......so.....

my question is: what unit shoudl I set for my chlorophyll count variable?

thanks for your help.

cristina

Cristina Tronconi
Istituto di Scienze dell'Atmosfera e del Clima - sezione di Roma
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Via Fosso del Cavaliere 100
00133 Roma, Italy
Tel: +39 06 49934342