⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard_name irradiation ?

From: Schultz, Martin <m.schultz>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:45:21 +0100

Hi Roy,

   thanks - yes: I think that would do. I am not an expert in this field and don't know if the light meter spectral response is close enough to what models generally consider "shortwave flux", but this might be a rather fine point.

   In any case it would be good if a search for "irradiance" or "radiation" would turn up something that points to "shortwave" and "longwave" as well. "downwelling_shortwave_*radiation*_flux_in_air" would be more precise, but also redundant for a human being...

Cheers,

Martin

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt