⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Conventions for a network of velocity sensors

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:11:35 -0500

Here's what I'm using - or trying to use - for moored instruments.
Our data sets are slightly different from the network of sensors that
Eli described, mainly in that we have a single x,y and multiple t,z
dimensions.

It seems to me that ancillary variables are the right way to connect
instrument info to data variables, although it might not have been
their original intended use.

Nan

float TEMP(time, depth) ;
TEMP:standard_name = "sea_water_temperature" ;
TEMP:ancillary_variables = "TEMP_Instrument_manufacturer
TEMP_Instrument_model TEMP_Instrument_reference
TEMP_Instrument_mount TEMP_Instrument_serial_number
TEMP_QC TEMP_QC_value TEMP_QC_procedure
TEMP_ACCURACY TEMP_PRECISION TEMP_RESOLUTION";
char TEMP_Instrument_manufacturer(depth, 20);
char TEMP_Instrument_model(depth,6);
char TEMP_Instrument_reference(depth,100) ;
char TEMP_Instrument_mount(40) ;
char TEMP_Instrument_serial_number(depth, 6);
byte TEMP_QC(depth);
TEMP_QC:conventions = ?OceanSITES reference table 2?;
byte TEMP_QC_value(time, depth);
char TEMP_QC_procedure(depth,100);
float TEMP_ACCURACY(depth);
float TEMP_PRECISION(depth);
float TEMP_RESOLUTION(depth);

* Nan Galbraith                        (508) 289-2444 *
* Upper Ocean Processes Group            Mail Stop 29 *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution                *
* Woods Hole, MA 02543                                *