⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for standard_name="sea_binary_mask"

From: Don Murray <Don.Murray>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:52:30 -0700

John et al.-

On 2/2/11 6:17 PM, John Caron wrote:

>> > IFAIU, Python cant interact directly with Java (ie link to it).
>>
>> Correct. It can potentially work with it through the JNI.
>>
>> Here is a package to make that easier:
>>
>> JCC 2.7: a C++ code generator for calling Java from C++/Python
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/JCC/2.7
>>
>> Another option is GNU CNI -- have you tried to compile any of your
>> code with gcj? That would have the advantage of not having to run a
>> JVM at all.
>
> thanks, i never hear much about this option. I wonder if there are
> problems with this approach?

Jeff Whitaker and I started looking into this (JCC), but didn't get too
far. The problem is making sure you have all the depends covered. And
there are a lot of depends in netCDF-Java. I haven't had a chance to
get back and work on this more, though. If anyone else is a python
expert and wants to try this, I'd be happy to trade war stories.

I think this would be better than the server option if we can get it
working.

Don
--
Don Murray