⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] MSG CPP standard name for time_offset_of_observation / pixel_delta_time

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 16:15:04 +0000

Dear Maarten

What you write about pixeltime as an aux coord var (y,x) and your ncdump look
sensible to me. I think that's all fine.

> The standard_name time_offset (s) seems good to me. In the long name we
> can add an explanation that this variable deals with the time offset for
> each pixel.

OK. So that is a definite proposal for a new standard name.

Do you think the standard name alone is sufficient? Proposing a new attribute
is more work than proposing a standard_name, since it means amending the CF
standard. I can see there could be value in a relative_to attribute, but it
might be an unnecessary complexity. I wonder what you and others think.