⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] ECMWF GRIB code - CF Standard Name Mapping incorrect?

From: TOYODA Eizi <toyoda>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:31:12 +0900

Hi,

For GRIB Edition 1, the meaning of parameter number 137 depends on
originating center (98 = ECMWF in this case) and version number of GRIB
table (indicated at octet 4 of Section 1). It's completely up to ECMWF to
define it, but my understanding is that tables coming with GRIB-API software
is reliable source:

  Version Units Name
  128 kg.m-2 Total_column_water_vapour
  129 kg.m-2 Total_column_water_vapour
  151 m Depth
  160 kg.m-2 Precipitable_water_content

Regarding spelling in CF, the authentic source should be
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/standard-name-table/current/cf-standard-name-table.html/
which says "vapor".

--
TOYODA Eizi