⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for Martian climate model data

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:18:08 +0000

Dear Nan

Sorry to be cavalier! That's not my intention. I mean only that if quantities
are physically the same, they do not need distinct standard names. I would
say that latitude and longitude (in the usual sense) can be used for Mars just
as for Earth (areocentric_longitude is something different).

If I wanted to distinguish a Cambrian dataset from a present-day one, I guess
I would not do it with the time coordinate. That seems a too detailed way of
indicating what it is. Discovery metadata, rather than use metadata, is a
better way to distinguish Earth from Mars datasets, or Cambrian from Holocene
ones, it seems to me.