⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for Martian climate model data

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:18:38 -0500

The standard names of the coordinate variables, lat & long,
should somehow reflect that these observations are not
located on earth. Putting this into "some other metadata"
seems cavalier to me.

I'd like to see the word 'earth' inserted into the definitions of
lat & long. In the same way the time word identifies data from
the distant past or future - more explicitly than any global
attributes do - this would make it clear if data is from some
planet other than earth.

- Nan