⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] sublimation

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:00:59 +0000

Dear Alison

I suppose there is a possible confusion that people might read such names as
"surface water" rather than "surface flux" - and then wonder what that means.
"Surface water" might mean ponds and lakes, or it might be taken to exclude
soil water and groundwater. With "snow", we definitely intend "surface snow"
to mean "snow on the surface" (and not on the canopy, for instance), so there
is no problem in that case. But "water evaporation flux" probably should
include transpiration, so it's not really directly from the surface.

This may need a bit more thought. Sorry I didn't anticipate the complexity!