⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] sublimation

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:26:43 +0000

Dear Alsion

> I suppose 'surface frozen water' could include frost as well as snow and ice.
I suppose so. In that case the names are different and water_sublimation_flux
is more general, but we should probably prefix it with surface_. Perhaps the
water_[potential_]evaporation names need the same clarification - what do you
think?

> are we sure that we don't need a name for
> sublimation in the atmosphere?
There might be a need! We should add a name if it is requested, maybe with
in_air to distinguish from surface.