⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] point observation data in CF 1.4

From: Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:31:44 -0700

On 10/18/10 1:32 AM, Bryan Lawrence wrote:
>> That's the narrow technical perspective. The "social" question is
>> whether there is a significant benefit to the community from defining
>> is a single approach that is general enough to handle the necessary
>> range of model-generated tracer particle clouds. How commonly does
>> one want to share trajectory files between models?
>

> How common is it to want to share software for handling trajectory
> output? In my experience, common enough to justify getting this right.

Agreed. Sharing this kind of information is getting more common, and I
think it will be even more common if we can get a data standard established.

I've been out of town, but hopefully I can work out some examples with
our tools next week.

>> I've cc'ed Al
>> Hermann here, who comes to mind as another modeler who might be
>> interested in discussing this question.

Maybe we could get some of us Seattle folk together in the same room. I
could use some hand-holding. Was Al interested?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer