⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard names for satellite obs data

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:27:10 -0600

I believe this is correct; a 'time' has to be a numeric value.

What about using 'date' for string-valued times? That was my homebrew solution
when I was considering a similar problem.

(Note that string data is a big pain to deal with in NetCDF-3, because you're
limited to fixed-length character arrays. You need to use NetCDF-4 / HDF5 to
get Strings as a data type.)

Cheers,

--Seth