⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CMIP5 carbon cycle standard names

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:20:24 +0100

Dear Alison and Pierre

I have one late comment on these C-cycle names, about this one:

> 1) products_of_land_use_change_carbon_content

>From the discussion I understand what it means and it is well-defined. However
as an English phrase I found it opaque. Although not quite systematic, would
it be OK to turn it round, making it
carbon_content_of_products_of_land_use_change
There are other instances where we have alternative syntaxes X_Y and Y_of_X,
depending on how long X is! The difficulty with understanding the above phrase
is that it is unclear how much of it "products_of" applies to.