⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] units for sea water salinity

From: Upendra Dadi <Upendra.Dadi>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:14:36 -0400

Hello,
  This is in regard to the units corresponding to the standard name
sea_water_salinity. We here at NODC use PSS, which is unitless, for
Salinity. PSU is not a good way to represent salinity and shouldn't be
used. The units for sea_water_salinity should be changed to PSS in the
standard name table. Standard name committee please make note of this.

On a related note, should I be using Standard Name at all if my units
are different from those in the table?

Upendra