⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name for coordinate variable corresponding to complex parts (real and imaginary)

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:27:39 -0400

I am sorry, you misunderstand me: I am looking for the standard_name
to label the coordinate variable that corresponds to real and
imaginary parts, not the non-coordinate-variable that has real and
imaginary parts.

For example, If I had a Fourier transform of 3d air_pressure, it
would be a real function of C,freq,lon,lat, where

air_pressure has standard_name air_pressure,

lon has standard_name longitude,
lat has standard_name latitude,
freq has standard_name frequency, i.e. inverse time, and
C has standard_name complex_parts

Benno

Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          benno at iri.columbia.edu
International Research Institute for climate and society
The Earth Institute at Columbia University
Lamont Campus, Palisades NY 10964-8000   (845) 680-4450