⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name for coordinate variable corresponding to complex parts (real and imaginary)

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:42:46 +0100

Dear Benno

You mean C is either "real" or "imaginary"? I think the CF-like way to do
this would be to have two different data variables for it, one for the real
part, one for the imaginary. That's like having different standard names
for spatial components, as we do, rather than dimensions for components.
As for spatial components, where "eastward", "upward", etc. are in the
standard name, here you would put "real" or "imaginary" in the standard name.
The standard name would then be not air_pressure but something like
  real|imaginary_part_of_fourier_transform_of_air_pressure_wrt_time
I'd suggest.

I hope I have understood now, but maybe not! Best wishes

Jonathan