⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name for coordinate variable corresponding to complex parts (real and imaginary)

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:56:22 -0400

Hello All,

We have made some use of having a coordinate-variable that corresponds
to real and imaginary parts, for outputs of Fourier transforms, for
example. We usually tag this name "C" and long_name="complex", and
give it values of "R" and "I", but it would be appropriate to tag it
with a standard_name as well.

Perhaps "complex" or "complex_parts"?

Benno

Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          benno at iri.columbia.edu
International Research Institute for climate and society
The Earth Institute at Columbia University
Lamont Campus, Palisades NY 10964-8000   (845) 680-4450