⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] bounds/precision for time axis

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 19:12:54 +0100

Dear Jon

If we decide to let cell_methods indicate "vagueness" I don't think it's a
problem if the bounds themselves are precise. The precision is somewhat
irrelevant, as you say, but it shouldn't be misleading in view of the
cell_methods. Changing cell_methods is a small alteration to the CF standard,
whereas introducing alternative ways of representing time is a large and
complex change, which would require substantial alteration to software as well.