⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CMIP5 ocean biogeochemistry standard names

From: John.Dunne at noaa.gov <John.Dunne>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:56:26 -0400

Hi Alison,

Following the example of the European intercomparison (CARBOCEAN?), the
intent was to have two sets of variables for inorganic C, N, P, Fe, Alk
and Si for a tracer equation integrated over the upper 100m such as:

dtracer/dt = Jtracer + tracer_physics

where:

1) Jtracer = the net biological source sink terms integrated in the
upper 100m in units of mol m2 s-1
2) dtracer = the time rate of change of the tracer(s) integrated in the
upper 100m in units of mol m2 s-1

with the calculation of dtracer allows the back-calculation of the
accumulated role of physical processes on the tracers.

Make sense? - John