⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CMIP5 ocean biogeochemistry standard names

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:47:02 +0100

Sorry, the third name should read:

tendency_of_mole_concentration_of_particulate_organic_matter_expressed_a
s_carbon_in_sea_water_due_to_net_primary_production_by_picophytoplankton
; mol m-3 s-1

to follow the agreed pattern of the other primary production names.

Best wishes,
Alison

> Dear John D., Roy and John G.,
>
> Thanks for your comments on the picophytoplankton names. It seems
that
> we are able to go ahead with the simplest solution, which is to define
> picophytoplankton as having a size <2um to agree with general usage.
> Therefore the four names

mole_concentration_of_picophytoplankton_expressed_as_carbon_in_sea_water
; mol m-3

mass_concentration_of_picophytoplankton_expressed_as_chlorophyll_in_sea_
water; kg m-3

tendency_of_mole_concentration_of_organic_carbon_in_sea_water_due_to_net
_primary_production_by_picophytoplankton; mol m-3 s-1
> net_primary_mole_productivity_of_carbon_by_picophytoplankton; mol m-2
s-1

> are now accepted for inclusion in the standard name table.
>
> If anyone wishes to propose similar names for nanoplankton I'm sure
> they
> could be included too.
>
> Best wishes,
> Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.
--
Scanned by iCritical.