⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] BGC output for CMIP5 simulations

From: John.Dunne at noaa.gov <John.Dunne>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:20:18 -0400

Hi Keith,

I see your point about the N2 production not being part of the
regenerated production. However, I would say the same is true of NH4
from deposition, runoff or supply from below, and the opposite true with
respect to NO3 nitrified in the euphotic zone - all of which leaving
'new' with ambiguous meaning. I have always treated N2 production
separately from new production in my own thinking for model-data
comparisons of new production traditionally being measured from NO3
incubations. Perhaps we should change the name from 'pnew' to 'pno3' to
avoid confusion...?

Cheers, John