⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] request CF standard name forchlorophyll-aconcentration in sea water

From: Frederic MELIN <frederic.melin>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:44:52 +0200

Dear all,

Matthias' point is very appropriate.
The name for chlorophyll has been defined for some time, and honestly I
assumed that it was referring to chlorophyll-a.
As Matthias mentions, to be more rigorous (and to be able to distinguish
between chlorophylls (a, b, c1, c2 ...) , introducing
mass_concentration_of_chlorophyll_a_in_sea_water is needed (this is a major
pigment and the primary ocean colour remote sensing product).
Best,
frederic