⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Units micro prefix "u" deprecated in udunits-2

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:15:55 +0100

Dear all

I agree with John that
> spelling out the unit should be best practice

but in real practice people will not always do this, and therefore we should
provide CF versions of the udunits-2 xml files that define u as micro. We
need to provide CF versions anyway to add some non-standard units, as we agreed
to do but never did for the old udunits.dat.

If we provide these files, can we then recommend that udunits-2 is used as the
standard for units strings?

Should we put a general convention in CF that text attributes can only contain
US ASCII characters? I think that would avoid some problems.

Cheers

Jonathan