⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Units micro prefix "u" deprecated in udunits-2

From: Steven Emmerson <steve>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:09:31 -0600

Karl,

As a scientist, you should use "pascal". I note that one
microatmosphere is about one tenth of one pascal.

"microatm" mixes a word (micro) with a symbol (atm). In general, this
is not a good idea. The official guidelines from the NIST recommend
against it, for example, and so do I (for whatever that's worth :-).

If you must use atmospheres, then a better alternative would be
"microatmosphere".

Regardless, the UDUNITS-2 package does recognize "microatm" (ugly,
deformed hybrid that it is :-).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson