⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] water level with/without datum

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:13:21 +0000

Dear Jeff

> After more internal discussion we feel that the single name
> 'water_surface_height_above_reference_datum' would meet our needs admirably
> (i.e., no separate name for the "station datum" case).

Very good. Is this an arbitrary local reference datum? I think that would
be the right name, if so. If it's the geoid or some tide level, I think
that should be indicated in the name. That's because quantities with these
different datums do not differ by a constant, and could not be regarded as
the same geophysical quantity, so should have different standard names.