⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard way to store lookuptables

From: andrea antonello <andrea.antonello>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:04:49 +0100

Dear Jonathan,
thanks for your reply.

> I don't know whether the problem is lack of memory. That would depend on
> the software you are using, rather than on netCDF or the CF convention, so
> I'm not sure what to suggest really. You could try creating an empty file
> of the right size by writing it in CDL and using ncgen, to test that it
> can be done. Sorry not to be more helpful.

At the moment I have no problem with the memory overload really. I
just would like to understand if I am implementing the proposed CF way
properly.
Can you confirm me that in the above example with 2 stations of
interest for the temperature variable (from 100) I am right in
creating a variable with timeSize*100 instead of
timeSize*2, which brings an 80% of 0.0 values of overload? Where
overload here really means never used. And if yes, should those unused
values stay 0.0 or be somehow flagged?
I would love to do this the CF way and I am just wondering if someone
stumbled into this doubt also.

Best regards,
Andrea