⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Swath observational data

From: Lynnes, Christopher S. <christopher.s.lynnes>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:44:59 -0600

On Nov 19, 2009, at 4:49 AM, olivier lauret wrote:

Dear Rob,

Good idea. I?m joining you in that way.
Some communities have already applied, or tried to apply, CF conventions to swath data. I have in mind CNES/NASA/NOAA/EUMETSAT for satellite altimetry <L2 products, I believe that was also the case for GHRSST in the SST domain. Do you know if there are other best practice that we can consider as references in remote sensing swath data?

At the GES DISC, we also have been able to successfully convert HDF-EOS swath data from AIRS instrument to a (mostly) CF-compliant netCDF, which can be viewed in such tools as IDV and McIDAS-V. It was a little tricky to get right, until we stumbled across the GHRSST folks, who helped us with the last missing piece.

So one potential best practice might be to simply have a repository of good swath examples in any easy-to-find place.
--
Chris Lynnes
Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center